Some days can be very hectic and overwhelming, filled with bustle and hustle here and there however, taking care of your mental health does not have to be complicated. With five minutes dedicated to your well-being, each day can make a massive and relieving difference.
With few ideas to get you started, below are 5 tips to help you overcome stress when you are overworked:
• Shorten a meeting to give yourself (and your peers) a short time to rest your brain. Do this at least after every 25 minutes of marathon reading and after 45minutes of meeting. Your brain needs time to process the new information added.
• Evaluate your sleeping habits and commit to improving one aspect. Give yourself time to sleep (or a 45-minute nap) so as to regain your strength again before you start working.
• Educate yourself about mental health, such as the signs and symptoms of mental illness and take yourself out occasionally. Over the years, this method has proven to be effective in calming the brain.
• Try to sieve what you feed on and who you listen to. Not all news you listen to nor all information you believe. Whatever you feed on constantly has a way of affecting your psyche.
The subconscious mind and your subconscious are what control most of your life processes. What you feed on is what you produce.
• Listen to classical music while working, it calms your brain. (Classical music are mostly jazz music with saxophone, piano etc).
Credit: Dennis, 200L PharmD student.