It’s the season of celebration and acknowledgement of academic excellence in the University of Ibadan as students graduates and get inducted into the practice of their studied course professionally. As for those whose departments don’t have induction ceremonies, the release of their transcript and their Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is what they are celebrating and it’s worth celebrating.
One of those is Temitope Oyedeji, who graduated with a CGPA of 3.87/4.00 from the department of mathematics. The journey into academic excellence for Temitope has not gone without notice as he had bagged several awards that served as a testament to his academic prowess while he was still a student. Some of those individual honours include:
- University of Ibadan, Faculty of Science Deans Roll of Honor Award for exemplary academic performance for First Class Students 2018/2019 session Faculty of Science, University of Ibadan
- BEST GRADUATING STUDENT IN FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- BEST GRADUATING STUDENT IN MATHEMATICS
- JCIN FOPA AWARD FOR THE MOST OUTSTANDING STUDENT IN ACADEMICS
- NATIONAL OUTSTANDING MATHEMATICS STUDENT OF THE YEAR, SNEAWARDS
- Academically Outstanding Student Of The Year , Faculty of Science Student’s Association University of Ibadan award of excellence 2020/2021 session
- Award of selfless contribution as the academic coordinator of Faculty of Science Student’s Association University of Ibadan 2020/2021 session
Although, even being a serious and very focused student, he was actively engaged in sports as he bagged the “BEST SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD, NAMSS UI”
He is also a co-founder of a popular tutorial centre on the University of Ibadan campus.
His achievements have attracted attention from several people owing to the nature of his course of study and the perceived unwillingness and lack of interest of people in mathematics.
Several reactions have followed this success and one of such is the offer to study abroad for a masters and PhD program by the USA education advisory centre. In a tweet from her verified account, Education USA congratulated Temitope and made an offer to provide advisory services should in case he decide to progress in his study abroad, most especially in the USA. She tweeted “Congratulations Temitope! Contact us if you are interested in pursuing your PhD or Masters in the United States. Funding opportunities abound especially for First Class STEM graduates. Email [email protected]”
Temitope is a man of many achievements and is keen on seeing to the development of other individuals especially Freshers who can become genius just like he was hence his direct involvement and sacrifice to seeing to freshers’ academic success by hosting tutorials for interested students.