Sequel to the recent lifting of the ban on electoral activities by the University of Ibadan, the Students’ Union Committee (SUEC) 2021 has given guidelines for students vying for executive positions or Students Representative Council (SRC).
SUEC PUB 004
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN STUDENTS’ UNION ELECTORAL COMMITTEE
LIFT OF BAN ON ELECTORAL ACTIVITIES
13th September, 2021
The Students’ Union Electoral Commission sequel to its inauguration on the 8th of September 2021, and in accordance with the constitution of University of Ibadan Students’ Union hereby declare the ban on electoral activities lifted.
Interested candidates can obtain forms for Executive and SRC positions at Room 22, Students Affairs Division, University of Ibadan.
The available Executive positions are:
- General Secretary
- Assistant General Secretary
- House Secretary
- Public Relations Officer
- Sports Secretary
The available Legislative positions are:
- Students Representatives ( for each hall of residence)
A. ELECTION TIMETABLE
STUDENTS’ EXECUTIVE (S.E.C.) ELECTIONS
- Lift of Ban
Monday, 13th September, 2021.
- Collection and submission of Nomination Forms
Monday, 13th September, 2021 – Friday, 24th September, 2021.
- Screening of Candidates
Tuesday, 28th September, 2021 – Wednesday, 29th September, 2021.
- Workshop for Aspirants
Saturday, 2nd October, 2021.
- Press Night Wednesday, 6th October, 2021.
- Speech Night
Friday, 8th October, 2021.
- S. E. C. Election
Saturday, 9th October, 2021.
STUDENTS’ REPRESENTATIVE (S.R.C.) ELECTIONS
- Collection and submission of Forms
Monday, 13th September, 2021 – Tuesday, 12th October, 2021.
- Screening of Candidates
Thursday 14th October, 2021 – Friday, 15th October, 2021.
- S.R.C. Elections
Saturday 16th October, 2021.
- Nominees for positions of Student Leadership at the University level should not be in 100 Level or Final year. Those who aspire to the post of the President must be in the 300 Level/penultimate year.
- Aspirants must also be on a CGPA Score of 3.0 (i.e 2:1 Division) and above for the Executive positions and this also applies to the House Leadership invariably while aspirants for the Student Representative Council must be on a CGPA Score of 2.0 (i.e 2:2 Division) and above as at the time of nomination. THOSE IN PROGRAMMES NOT OPERATING THE CGPA WILL HAVE THEIR SCORES PRORATED TO CGPA FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE ELECTION
- Aspirants must be of unscathed record, not having been convicted by the police, rusticated or expelled from any Institution, ejected from Hall of Residence or indulging in substance abuse. They must be persons proven to abide by the rule of Law.
- Any Union officer wishing to contest at any Union election shall have resigned any previous political appointments, and such resignations shall have been made public before the close of nominations.
- Aspirants must score at least 50% during the screening.
- Aspirants should be of sound mind.
C. CAMPAIGN GUIDELINES
- Campaign starts 10 pm 13th september – 11:59 pm 8th October 2021.
- Campaigns must be free of violence.
- Aspirants must not deface walls with campaign posters/banners.
- Aspirants must abide by the school regulations guiding publicity on campus.
- Disobedience to these guidelines or any other rules by the electoral committee would attract sanctions.
D. FORM COLLECTION PROCEDURE
- Forms can be collected at room 22, Student’s Affairs Building.
- Time: 10am – 3pm Daily
i. President : #5,000
ii. V.President : #4,000
iii. Other Executive positions : #3,000
iv. SRC : #2,000
E. FORM SUBMISSION
- Completed application forms must be submitted to Room 22, students Affairs building latest by 3:00pm on friday 24th of September 2021 ( for executive ), 3:00pm 12th October,2021 (S.R.C).
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted accompanied with :
a) Duly signed transcript
Photocopy of school I.D card.
b) Course form
d) Citation ( Executives )
STUDENTS’ UNION ELECTORAL COMMITTEE 2021