To serve you better in the aspect of health and wellness, Campus News, after consulting a notable healthcare professional, has brought to you some simple health tips written by Pharmacist Omolayo T. Awolola. Please, read attentively.
There is always that time of the month in a woman’s life when the VISITOR comes. That visitor that comes in form of the monthly flow of blood, yeah… popularly called Menstruation. For some people, the VISITOR comes along with friends like Menstrual cramps, tender breasts, mood swings, and other friends that vary among individual visits.
One of the most common symptoms is Menstrual cramps which can be mild in some women or severe in some other women.
Interestingly, some of our actions or inactions knowingly or unknowingly can contribute to menstrual cramps.
Here are some of those actions we need to take note of and some tips to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Heat therapy – It helps to increase blood flow and this reduces pain.
How to use: Put a towel in hot water and place on the lower abdomen, remove and place again.
- Take foods rich in Omega -3 like Mackerel fish(Eja Alaran or Titus), salmon fish, Herring(Shaw’s), Egg, spinach etc.
- Avoid too much intake of sugar and fatty foods like junks as it worsens cramps
- Avoid coffee and chocolate intake during menstruation as it can worsen cramps.
- Ginger tea is very good to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Manage stress properly during your period.
- Use of medications – Ensure to get quality medications with proper counseling from an health care professional
Follow the link below to watch the video of this article; https://youtu.be/f4pXB9RrJ7I
©️Health tips with Layo