The University of Ibadan has opened its portal for applications from students to secure hostel accommodation space.
The portal was opened on 31st of May, 2021 and is expected to close 2 June, 2021. However, only some specific set of students are eligible for the accommodation space. This is as a result of measures being taken by the university to forestall the outbreak of COVID-19 virus in the university environment.
Eligible students include :
i. 100 level students.
ii. Final year students.
iii. Physically challenged/Health students.
iv. 300 level preclinical students.
v. Nursing students due for professional examinations.
vi. Veterinary medicine students due for professional examinations.
Students that are however awarded hostel accomodation spaces will be required to pay within a stipulated time believed to be in between 3-6th of June, 2021, before they can be granted access to their spaces. This is in line with a document as approved by Dean of students, Prof I.A Abiona.
Other preventive measures that will be undertaken by student upon securing of accomodation space includes:
1. Each resident of the HoR is required to wear a face mask when outside his or her
room. Every resident is required to provide his or her personal COVID protective
items, such as face masks and sanitizer
2. Residents are required to wash hands frequently, but certainly upon returning to the
3. At least till the end of the first semester, only Hall residents will be permitted in the
4. The HoRs will run at 50% capacity and “squatting” is highly prohibited.
5. Third-time infractions of COVID preventive requirements will attract ejection from
Also, the securing of accomodation had been strictly declared as first come first serve basis, and it can be accessed here http://portal.ui.edu.ng/cportal/gc?Event=default
Click here to Download the document
Follow Campus News WhatsApp TV for more updates here