The Nigerian National Petroleum Commission and other allied agencies have opened scholarship opportunities for undergraduate students in Nigerian universities. This is in pursuance of its cooperate social responsibility. The opportunity for application is opened from April. 19th 2021 to May 14th 2021.
Category of Awards
- Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities
The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only. NAOC reserves the right for selection and shortlisting of candidates.
- Application for NAOC Tertiary Scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship.
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- NAOC does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test online or at designated test centres.
For enquiries visit: [email protected]
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 academic session)
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
Dependents of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Only Indigenes of NAOC Host Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
1. The aptitude test will take place either online (remotely) or at designated centers to be communicated to shortlisted applicants. 2. Applicants are to indicate at the point of application whether they wish to write the test online at their own comfort or at designated test centres (cost of transportation to the centres to be borne by applicants).
3. Application is open to 100 level students only.
Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
1. Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
2. School ID Card
3. O’level Certificate
4. Admission Letter
5. Birth Certificate
6. Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
7. Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
8. Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
9. JAMB Result
Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
All candidates are required to fill and sign the NAOC compliance declaration form. To download the NAOC compliance declaration, click https://dragnetscreening.ng/files/NAOC_compliance.pdf
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2021 to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
Login with Email and Password to complete the form
After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2021 and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application