After a few weeks of break from the last season, the English Premier League resumes. At last, we can enjoy football at it’s best.We fantasy managers have been preparing our team as we eagerly wait for the new season.
As the deadlime for Gameweek 1 approaches, FPL managers are now making last minute changes to their teams ahead of registration deadline slated for 11:00 (WAT) on Saturday, 12 September.
Choosing your Premier League best fifteen can be pretty easy. With just $100M budget, that’s the real deal. Too many stars and dream players; limited funds available to get them all.
How then do you become a successful manager? Don’t look too far. CampusNews is here to offer you the best tips and reviews for every gameweek. Join us each week on our social media platforms for interesting and insightful tips for you to achieve maximum performance
Here are some tips to consider as you finalise your team selection.
• Building a solid and flexible team for gameweek 1 is very important to avoid to many transfers (and consequent points deduction) as the season progresses. Consider a cheap buy for the goal keeping department. Pope and Ryan have proven to be reliable. Opting for a five major signings and points earners could be a good strategy. Rotate the remaining cash on relatively low and relatively productive players.
• Pick a tried and tested player for your captain. Choose someone you can rely on for points. Judging by the fixtures, Aubameyang or Timo Werner will be a good gamble for the captaincy. Aubameyang’s Arsenal will be visiting Fulham while Chelsea and Timo Werner will begin their campaign at Bramall Lane, Sheffield.
• Make a good budget for your midfield. The midfield position hosts a lot of point earners. You would probably aim for Aubameyang, KDB or Bruno Fernandez.
• Don’t miss out on getting Alexander Arnold on your team. The high attacking defender has become a favourite for many fantasy managers. Expect a lot of points from him. He scored goals, gives assists and keeps clean sheets. After winning the PFA young player award for last season and making the best 11, it’s surprising his price worth remained at $7.5M. That’s good news for PFL managers; don’t miss out.
• Prepare for Gameweek 2 as your prepare for Gameweek 1. Manchester United and Manchester City both have a their opening fixtures postponed. However, adding the Manchester stars to your bench would be a wise pick. You don’t want to have transfers ahead of Gameweek 2 deadline.
• Invest less in the premier league new boys. Serious investments in the new boys is a huge risk because we don’t know how well and how fast they will settle in. It will be wise to wait and watch as the league progresses to see how their performance progresses.
Share your team selection, formation and captain for Gameweek 1 on our social media platforms: