Amid the coronavirus pandemic, our schools are moving on with the few they can irrespective. You could call this resoluteness or anything you wish, but a couple of Nigerian schools are trying not to slow down, at their very best.
The University College Hospital School of Nursing has recently opened her portal, inviting the general public who are suitably qualified and interested to register for possible admission into her School of Nursing Programme for 2020/2021 academic session.
The entrance examination is to be conducted later this year. Only candidates who attain acceptable standard at the examination will be considered for selection following an interview.
The programme has a three years duration, after which admitted candidates would be made to sit for the school exams and also the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Final Examination to qualify as registered nurses.
Admission Requirements for Entry into UCH Ibadan School of Nursing
Applicants should be aged 16 years an above and possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE/NECOSSCE) or GCE O’ Level or equivalent with at least 5 credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two (2) sittings OR NABTEB at one (1) sitting.
How to Apply for Admission Into UCH Ibadan School of Nursing
The application form is available beginning from Monday 24th February, 2020 through the UCH SCHOOLS’ PORTAL at website https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng. Interested individuals are to do the following;
- Make a payment of a non-refundable fee of Seven Thousand, Seven Hundred Naira (#7,700.00) only through any commercial bank into University College Hospital, Ibadan T.S.A. Account- School of Nursing. Teller to be changed to receipt at UCH Accounts Department.
- Make a payment of Two Hundred Naira (#200.00) only into Oyo State Nursing & Midwifery Committee Account, First Bank Plc. 2019704292.
- Present both the UCH receipt and First Bank teller for the payment of #200.00 at Room 6, School of Nursing to obtain a SCRATCH CARD with PIN for log in to website for online application submission.
- Go to the portal on https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng, download the Applicants’ User Guide and enter the PIN on your SCRATCH CARD to login and create your account.
- Follow instructions on the Applicants’ User Guide to input your data and submit your application online.
- Print 2 copies of your form and Photo card and submit for authentication at Room 6, School of Nursing
Method of Selection:
(i) Applicants shall be notified of the date, venue, and time for Computer Based (CBT) Entrance Examination through their e-mail addresses and text messages.
(ii) Only candidates with authenticated (stamped and signed) Photo cards shall be allowed into the examination venue.
(iii) Only candidates who attain acceptable standards at the examination shall be invited for an interview or considered for selection following the interview.
In other news, Bowen University Teaching Hospital, BUTH (formally Baptist Medical Centre), Ogbomosho, Oyo State has also put out her admission forms into school of nursing; with a closing date of May 30th, 2020 at 5PM. Someone you know might need the information with the close deadline. And for further details, check their official site – https://sono.buth.edu.ng/
University of Maiduguri School of Nursing has done likewise, putting out admission forms.
It is advisable that students who are interested in School of Nursing programmes for 2020/2021 check their choice university portals for updates, if any.
Also worthy of note is that the closing date of admissions for UCH School of Nursing, is 1st of June, 2020